Connect with us

News

Imo Couple, Daughter Die Of Generator Fume

Published

on

Three relations in Umuoparaemeka, Ugiri, Isiala Mbano Local Government of Imo State, yesterday have died after allegedly inhaling generator fume.

Information gathered from sources said Lucius Iwunze; his wife, Ngozi, and their daughter, Geraldine died in their sleep.

They said another relative visited in the morning and met the door locked.

He knocked many times without response, and called neighbours to force the door open.

Police spokesperson Orlando Ikokwu said the police was investigating the incident.

According to him, the divisional police officer led his men to the scene and found the bodies.

Ikokwu said: “A report was received at the Divisional Police Headquarters in Isiala Mbano about the mysterious death of three persons. The DPO led policemen to the scene and saw the bodies of Chief Lucius Iwunze, Lolo Ngozi Iwunze and Geraldine Iwunze.

“Preliminary investigation showed that they died from inhaling generator fume. The bodies  have been evacuated to a morgue and the commissioner of Police has ordered an investigation.”

Hammed Tajudeen is the editor in-chief of Blaze News, holds Higher National Diploma(HND) in Mass Communication, graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Trending Posts